Prof. Mohamed Abo Al Ghar
Country :Egypt Professor Mohamed Aboulghar received his medical education in Cairo University and got his MBBCH in 1962. Shortly afterwards, he received his Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynecology in 1965, then his Diploma on General Surgery in 1966 and finally his Doctorate degree in Obstetrics and Gynecology in 1969 all from Cairo University. He did…
- Professor Mohamed Aboulghar received his medical education in Cairo University and got his MBBCH in 1962. Shortly afterwards, he received his Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynecology in 1965, then his Diploma on General Surgery in 1966 and finally his Doctorate degree in Obstetrics and Gynecology in 1969 all from Cairo University. He did post graduate training in Denmark, Sweden and the United States.Since 1979 up till today. He is the founder and Clinical Director of the Egyptian IVF Center.He has been Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, .It is the first center in Egypt dedicated to treating patients as well as providing high quality research in human reproduction and genetics and training programs for candidates from all over the Middle East on techniques of Assisted Reproduction.
- Throughout his career, Dr. Aboulghar has been involved in numerous scientific activities worldwide. He participated in dozens of scientific conferences, and he published more than 150 scientific papers in top international journals, He participated in the writing of many international scientific books on infertility, and together with his team in the Egyptian IVF center he participated in many multicenter international studies.
- He founded (and became the first president of) the Middle East Fertility Society (MEFS), which is the first and largest society in the Middle East in the field of reproduction. He is
also the Editor-in-Chief and founder of the: Middle East Fertility Society Journal (since 1996).
- He is a member of numerous scientific committees of different international and regional societies all over the world (eg. ESHRE, ASRM, FIGO, IFFS, Endometriosis Society.
.etc.), as well as editorial boards of many important scientific journalsspecialized in fertility and reproduction including Fertility and Sterility, which is the world's top journal
in its field. He has also been a reviewer for several international journals in the field, including Fertility and Sterility, Human Reproduction, Human Reproduction Update and
Reproductive Biomedicine Online.
- Dr. Aboulghar received the Egyptian National Award for Scientific Excellence in 1999, He also received the honorary membership of the European Society for Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE) in 2004 and honorary membership of the International Federation of Fertility Societies (FFS) in 2000.